Monday, March 19, 2012

Rick Santorum Disagrees With Christian Nation Idiot

The story is here.

A taste:

“I don’t care what the naysayers say. This nation was founded as a Christian nation. The god of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. There is only one God. There is only one God, and his name is Jesus. I’m tired of people telling me that I can’t say those words. I’m tired of people telling us as Christians that we can’t voice our beliefs or we can’t no longer pray in public. Listen to me. If you don’t love America, and you don’t like the way we do things, I’ve got one thing to say, get out!” Terry proclaimed loudly at the Greenwell Springs Baptist Church Sunday evening. “We don’t worship Buddha, we don’t worship Mohammed, we don’t worship Allah. We worship God. We worship God’s son Jesus Christ.”

After an event in Moline Monday evening, Santorum was asked repeatedly by reporters if he agreed with the pastor’s words.

“If the question is, do I agree with his statement that America shouldn’t do that? No, if he was speaking for himself he’s obviously allowed to believe what he wants to believe but, obviously I believe in freedom of religion and all religions are welcome and should be. I think I’ve made that pretty clear throughout my campaign that I believe very much in freedom of religion, and folks should be able to worship whoever they want to worship and bring their thoughts in the public square and have at it and give them the opportunity to make their faith claims, and make their claims to reason and any other claims. That’s what America’s all about. As far as I’m concerned they should be here and make their arguments the best they can,” said Santorum.

Video clips here.

2 comments:

Angie Van De Merwe said...

I guess there are many of us that need to "exit this country"! Many have de-converted, so does that mean that at the point of de-conversion one should loose their citizenship? We become "un-born Americans"? That's funny.

Phil Johnson said...

.
I think what Santorum has made clear about this question is exemplified by his statement that listenting to J.F.K.'s statements regarding his religious faith made him (Santorum) want to throw up.
.
Give me a break.
.